Thursday 26 September 2024

So Close

I had so hoped to finish the back yesterday. I got vey close but my hands were done and I know them well enough to know that pushing would stop my knitting for weeks. This morning I have three rows and  cast off to do.  


I am one and a half rows in  and will finish shortly. 

You may notice that the ribs are more or less the same length.  They are.  I decided to make front and back the same length because because the sweater is long enough that my lower back will be comfy and warm as is. The other and likely the main reason is I am lazy and want to finish.

It was so lovely yesterday that both the front and back doors were open.  Our full screen doors are perfectly placed so that fresh air swoops all through the house when there is the smallest breeze. As I was going down the hall, out of the very corner of my eye, I saw a leaf fall from the maple in the yard across the alley. I stopped and watched the leaves gently fall, fluttering, wafting from the branches on the way down to earth.  It was a perfect moment in time.

Some days that is the medicine your soul needs.        

 


No comments: