Wednesday 25 September 2024

I'm Here

I did a little too much on Monday, so yesterday, I took the day off.  Instead of writing, I took the time to knit and to listen to books ( yes, multiple books ) and to watch some Digging for Britain.  It was a pretty good day.  And after an epic sleep last night, I am ready for a new day.  It's 10 a.m. and I am still on my first cup of coffee.  


I am well into the ribbing.  

Ribbing knits fast for me when I am going back and forth.  I can knit through the back loops and wrap my purls wrong to my hearts content. (Wrapping my purls the other direction means that I can knit through the front loops on the other side and is what makes ribbing fast )  The powers that be** only refer to this style of purling as wrong, but like everything else in knitting, there is a place for it.  Back and forth ribbing is it.

I am watching Aka Nora Knits this morning and she is talking about a cardigan that has been on her needles for a very good part of this year.  It reminded me of my shawl.  

I started this Bridgewater shawl in 2012.  It is the oldest of all my WIPs.  It is from the time before, before my husband died.  



I think about it each time I dig in the WIPs bin.  I think about it each time I pick out and wear a small shawl to keep the chill off the back of my neck.  I think about it a lot for something I am not knitting on but really do want to finish.  Maybe time to finish?  

But not today. I am on a sweater kick and want them more than a shawl at the moment. 

**Just who are the powers that be anyway?  My inner six year old wants to know and my outer 66 year old is delightfully free from caring.  Such are the joys of getting older.

No comments: