Wednesday 4 September 2024

Hiccups

First thing yesterday morning, I decided to wind yarn off the cone of singles to prepare to knit a sweater.  And then this happened


That put paid to my whole process of thinking about this sweater.  I am not sure I want to replace the ball winder..  Most things in my stash are pre-wound so my need of it is much less than it used to be.  I ended up deciding to order  three more skeins of yarn from Custom Woolen Mills.  Doing that meant that  I  could start working on something now.  

I pulled out my favourite place to start from, when I know I am going to wing it.


I wanted something different than I have worked on for a bit.  It is good excersize for a mind besides being fun.

I decided to go with a saddle shoulder though I am making a simultaneous set in sleeves.  I love that way of knitting sleeve caps.


My number one goal here is to have a back of neck that sits high at my neck.  I always feel cold if I am chilled there.  The second goal is to have a relatively close fitting crew neck collar but not the choking feeling kind. I just joined the two front pieces and have a few rows to knit before I try it on to check if the neck has the right fit.

It feels so right to be working with this yarn.  I already feel cozier. 

No comments: