Monday 9 September 2024

Superlatives

What a weekend!  It was Marcus' birthday and I was knitting something wonderful.  

My saddle shoulder sweater is progressing fantastically.  


I took this photo to try it on to see if I had the yoke long enough and fell in love with this project all over again.  It has only been a few days and I never fell out of love with it and here I was, falling in love all over again.  

I knit a few more rows and joined at the underarm.


I am so happy.  I love everything about it.  I am in fact, taking a long time to write about it because I stop and stare at the way it looks.  

I love the way the two yarns work together.  One, a Japanese yarn with a wide blend of fibres and colours that celebrates the joy of fiber with an inimitable Japanese sensibility and the other, very much a Canadian prairie yarn, stalwart, easy gong and capable of strength and a simple majestic beauty that never shouts its glory but just is.     


One bids you to consider the delicate marvel of a single unique snowflake and the other considers the substance and power of a prairie winter wind.      

 Fall is in the air. The autumnal vibes are strong and that may be part of it too.   Just like all the creatures of my world,  I am preparing for the cold. They are storing seeds and nuts, or are gathering in great flocks to fly to winter nesting grounds while I am making my own cozy warmth for the long winter days ahead.  

I know this post is full of superlatives, almost nauseatingly so, but when I say it was a great weekend...

No comments: