Friday 30 August 2024

Cleanout

With fall imminent, and with stash dives and warm knitwear planning there are a few other maintenance things to do.  Time to go through the WIPs bin and give it a good clean.  It sits in a prominent position in the living room and acts as footstool and coffee table as well as WIPs bin.  It is a great piece of furniture.  

First job is to empty it.  



Bigger bags


and smaller bags.  Each of these contain an ongoing project plus the sock projects.  I count those as one project which I call a sock parade.  

Here are some of the things I am ignoring...sort of.

My teal sweater.



This is a second start for this sweater.  I think about it all the time.  Why I am not knitting on it, I do not know.

A summer top similar to the Recalibrate and several other similar tops.


I was distracted by other summer knits but mean to get back to it.  This mix of colours and yarns is turning out as pretty as I hoped.

My version of Joji Locatelli's Newspaper sweater.  


I paused this one to knit Linger and It suddenly felt like all brioche all the time.  I love this sweater and do plan on completing it.


My version of the Starting Point shawl or wrap


Made in many different yarns.  I.  Love.  These.  Colours.  But it's a wrap and is taking second place to all the sweaters.


And finally, my gorgeous bright yellow sweater.  


This is one I do work on for a change of pace.  It won't  go into steady knitting till after Christmas by which time I hope to be on the plain stockinette.  Knitting brilliant colours is a great way to brighten dark winter days.  

And that brings me to this.  



I had an Ott light but it was broken during the renovation and the guys did not think it could be fixed.  I am pretty sure that I would have figured out something, but Keith said he would replace it.  I didn't want him to do that.  There were downsides to having a floor model.  I still needed a light but I told him not to worry.  I wanted to think about it and  would deal with it myself.  So I did.  I ordered the pink one for cheap.  He ignored what I said and he ordered a Lumos brand light.  They are both great but now what to do?

While I think on that, I am going to go put away these things.  


Yarn and future things and bags not in use and general stuff.  Time to deal with the excess.  


No comments: