Thursday 29 August 2024

The Glory of it All.

When I woke this morning, my first thought was how much I wanted to knit the whole day away today.  


I think of knitting everyday, but my first thoughts are usually about how fast I can get the bipap mask off or other urgent morning things.  To have my first thought be about knitting and how I can't wait to knit today is unusual.  

In my minds eye, I could see my hands knitting the Custom Woolen Mills yarn and the Noro Silver Thaw that I want to use.  I have been thinking a lot about it.  I think I am going back into the stash and am going to pull out the cone of CWM Single ply Mulespinner to use with the other yarns rather than buying more.  The chances of getting a great colour match to my old stash yarn is zero and the grey singles are a really good match. If I use them judiciously through the whole sweater, I doubt you will be able to tell them apart from the mill 2 ply Mulespinner.  

Sometimes yarn questions, knitting questions, and sweater questions get solved in my sleep.  I always feel better when I have a way forward with my work.  In a way, finding  resolution is sad.  I don't get to think about it anymore.  The good part is that with one thing worked out, I have a thousand more questions about knitting and yarn and patterns and stash running amok in my head.  And that is the glory of knitting.





No comments: