Monday 5 February 2024

Good Days Off

A finished object appeared on Sunday evening and I am so completely happy.  


My first socks of the year.  Finished socks are usually more than enough to make me happy but this time, I am thrilled because now I get to do this.


This is another bag of yarn, all Drops Big Fabel, a yarn which I dearly wish they would bring back to production.  It is the last of it in my stash.  Now I get to make socks with it.  I need them on my feet far more than I need the yarn in my stash, saved for goodness knows what.
 

And begin.  Working with big yarns fr socks is fun and fast knitting.

That was it for knitting this weekend, but it was time to do a little something else besides knitting.  These are not words I say often.  Last winter, in the time when I was not sure what was going on with my hands, I set puzzles.  I have always liked doing it but there has always been so many other things to do.  I got myself a couple puzzles at Christmas and I thought it would be nice to do while F1 is on its break.  This puzzle was the last unset from 2023 puzzle palooza.


It is a library full of odd books with titles like  Lord of the Pies, A Room With a View Finder, and One Flu Over the Cuckoos Nest.  It is also much more than that.  It is filled with tiny creatures and beings and their homes tucked between books, in books,






sometimes in shelves, each door carefully numbered.  There are book creatures and fairies and all sorts of odd things.  I wish my photos were clearer.  When I opened the box to begin setting it, I thought it was going to be one of the painful puzzles that I wished I had not bought, but it was just fun and a surprisingly quick set.  It took a while to figure out where to start but as you got familiar with it, the huge amount of detail, though hard on the eyes, but it was also its saving grace.

And that was my weekend.  I hope yours was as good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since COViD I have been doing puzzles through the winter. I just finished one of our solar system. And like you I was sure this would be one of those tricky ones. But lots of details made it quite fun to do. Love your puzzle!
Wendy from Ontario.