Tuesday 6 February 2024

A Chaos of Dreams

 It was a great day for knitting yesterday.  I picked up the socks and just played.  


The sock foot looked awfully short even for my stubby feet but all is good.  I tried it on this morning and it is just fine.  I am looking forward to this pair.

All day, I was thinking "Why aren't you working on your sweater doofuss?"  I had no idea because I am only one sleeve trim away from a finished garment.  To be so close and not pick it up because you are distracted by other things is.... so very me.  It is how I end up with 16 WIPs after all.

But by the end of the day, I had settled down 


and did a decent bit of work in a very short time.  Even with all the ends to be woven in, I will be finished by lunchtime.  

I am at the point where I ought to be working on another of my WIPs considering it is Finish it February or so I am told.  If I waited to cast on something new just because someone told me that I could only finish things in the WIP bin, I would never ever get anything done.  I would end up feeling very downhearted and miserable. I would end up not knitting. It would all feel like work and that is just not what I want out of February.  Or knitting.  I knit because it brings me joy in a hundred little ways and whatever journey a garment goes on, I just want to be there for the ride.  The journey is more than half the fun.

At the same time, I wish I were a Finish it February kind of person, aka a more monogamous knitter. I admire those of you who are. At the same time as I am thinking how much I admire knitters who are inspired by the thought of Finish It February, my brain is going "Just think of all the things I could start if I had room in the WIPs bin!"  

More monogamous sweater knitters seem to be much tidier and more organized than I. I am more like chaos but a good sort of chaos, a chaos of dreams.  That is me and my knitting.  I am just going to keep on wandering, enjoying every step along the way.   

No comments: