Tuesday 7 November 2023

Of Casper and Mochi

This is Casper.  


He was Marcus' most beloved friend and their household's oldest cat.  When Casper died earlier this year, Marcus was bereft.  He still loves his Casper.

This is Mochi. 


Mochi is the new kitten in their house.  Mochi came in September, right about the time I was getting ready to make the last few blankets.

It allowed me to buy blanket yarn that would be the colours of Marcus' two beloved cats.  


I just love the way it is working out.  Very very Mochi.  The plan is to make five large squares and fill in all the spaces with various solid squares on these colours as well as one with a variegated yarn in these colours.  Among those solid colour squares will be a few smaller squares that will remind Marcus of Casper, in his tabby orange and gold.  The orange and gold might not be quite perfectly matchy matchy but this is a blanket of the heart, not a blanket for decor.  Heart blankets trump all others.

All of these blankets have been heart blankets.  I love all my little boys and my dearest granddaughter.  They are my heart.  



In spain2

No comments: