Monday 6 November 2023

Maybe

By Saturday afternoon,  I had this much left from the second ball of grey yarn and I was ready to cast off.


I knew I would have to work around the blanket to secure all the yarn carries and there wasn't enough of the grey left or at least I didn't thin so.  I did have a massive amount of the blue so blue it would be.


I had left the yarn carries loose as I worked up the blanket.  With this ultra slippery yarn, I had trouble weaving it in.  I can't explain what was happening, but every time I looked, after doing what I usually do to catch it as I go up, the darn stuff was not caught.  


In the end, I just left it and decided to work an edge.  I tried a single crochet edge with one strand of yarn, it just didn't look right. I had an extra skein of blue so I knew that no matter what, I would have loads of yarn.  So doubled it was.


That worked out really nicely, giving the blanket a frame it didn't have before. I am really pleased with it and it feel gorgeous.


The blanket is 45 inches by 50 ish inches.  Its perfect really for a snuggle under while watching movies sort of blanket for a 9 year old boy.

And this is all that was left from two balls of the grey and one of the blue.


I have enough left over for another entire blanket.

But I am not going to make one.  Nope.  This is going in the donate pile.  It is lovely to have it running through your hands, but after Cassie and Marcus' blankets, I am pretty much done with blankets.

Forever.  

Maybe. 


No comments: