Thursday 7 September 2023

Much to do.

As the season changes, I am pondering the needs of my sweater chest and looking back to what I really wear.  

This summer, I wore my shortie lightweight Threipmuir .  



For a sweater I was feeling quite ambivalent about at the time I first finished knitting it, once the neckline was changed, I wore it all the time, and I do mean all the time.

The other one that saw very frequent wear was my green Elton.



Its only flaw are the too loose buttonholes and that will be fixed shortly.  

Both of these sweaters work so well for those days of summer prairie days that start cool.  Plus they look seriously fine with all of my dresses.  

One of my winter goals is going to have to be light sweaters, probably cropped.  I have a few in mind that I really want to make, not just the ever so popular colourwork, like Soldotna or the Secret Garden Sweater , but things like Anther  and the Tolsta Tee.  The sweaters and tops that could be worn over something or on their own really appeal to me.  

There are a ton of sweaters I want to knit and I have some vests planned too, to keep me cozy this winter but first, I really would like to get the things in my WIPS bin under control.  I need to finish some socks.  I want to finish my Bridgewater shawl. I have a Starting Point Shawl that I absolutely love that needs some time spent on it. I have to finish a couple more blankets for grandkids. 
  
I have been working on my variation of Laura Aylor's lovely Sun Dogs and sewing winter long johns for myself.  I can't do much of either but I am doing a wee bit each day.  

The season changes so fast here.  It was long bright warm days and now it seems to be instantly harvest and chilly nights and darker evenings.  In this part of the world, though it still is technically summer, no one told mother nature, so she has made sure that the autumn has arrived.  Knits and wool are no longer just to keep the chill off for an hour or so.  This is the season of knits for survival.

No comments: