Tuesday 22 August 2023

Space for both.

First up, I finally made it to sewing those pants I cut last week.  Second up, I want to say how much I hate sewing in an underlit room on black fabric with black thread.



I did get the pockets both done but that was all I could manage before my eyes rebelled.  The light is different today so I am hoping it will go a bit easier.  Pants are easy to construct though, so long as you go for an elasticized waist.  It is really just a few long seams and you are done.  All I have to do is navigate and hope my machines tension troubles from yesterday are sorted out.

After my adventures in black I wound yarn for a brilliant sweater.


The yarn is from Arcane Fibre Works in the Sun Yellow and Prairie Storm colourways.  I wish I could show you the intensity of these colours, but to see that you either must have the yarn in hand, or go to their website.  The colours really are that intense and brilliant and they make my heart sing.  

I have to say that Arcane Firbre Works and Midknit Cravings are my favourite independent yarn producers.  Their colour sensibilities are so different, but both fill me with such pleasure.  I am so pleased that I get to work on both their yarns at the same time.  (My variation on Sun Dogs

Midknit Cravings is subtle sophistication and has colours and sets that I could spend my entire life knitting with and I would still want more.  The colours are comfortable and relaxing and and so beautifully gentle as they slip in, filling every corner of  your soul. It is a glass of rich red wine, the kind that warms you as it goes down.  It's that feeling as if your favourite companion snuggles up to your side and your heart just feels full. It is Vivaldi. That is Midknit Cravings.

Arcane Fibre Works is brilliant intensity.  It is waking to joyfulness and playfulness and sheer energy. It has edges and sharpness and even its gentlest colours have an edge, a sense of pushing boundaries.  It is the yarn you want to punch up your day with.  It is spirit lifting and mind busting making you sit up and take notice.  You cannot look away from its colours.  You cannot ignore its unrestrained exuberance. It is Beethoven. That is Arcane Fibre Works.

There is a place for both in my world.  

No comments: