Monday 17 July 2023

Variable things

The last post was supposed to go up on Saturday morning, but I just did not get around to it.  You will have a twofer today.

Though I spent all of last weeks working time on blanket work, I gave my hands a rest from thick yarns and big gauges on Saturday and Sunday. They really needed it.

I had to dig for my hastily tucked away projects for knitting of lighter weight things and while I did so, I cleaned out the WIPs bin.  I came out with two things I wanted to work on just for fun.  

Saturdays treat was my sweater from the lovely Midknit Cravings Comfort Sport/Dk base in my most loved Pesto colourway.


I love the tweedinesss of this speckled yarn.  I avoided speckled yarns all the while they were hot and much sought after, my usual avoiding of hype, but I now understand why people liked it so well. It's the tweed effect and it is very pleasing.  The yarn is just a pleasure to knit with, a real treat for my hands too.

The other thing I picked out to work on was my lovely River Elton cardigan.  I couldn't remember just where I was on it, but I knew it was well along.


One sleeve was complete but for the ribbing so Sunday, I got down to that.  I am going to focus to get this sweater done in between working on blankets.  I am going to enjoy it in my wardrobe.  I was going to give it to Luda but it is too broad in the back for her, so I will knit her something she did ask for out of that lovely grey yarn I got for her, the last of River City's Adam and Eve yarn before they became a teaching portal.  

The air is clean and decently clear this morning.  The smoke from fires up north near High Level has blown else where and my work is going to be to keep on working on Emmett's blanket.


I am just into the third section but I have a feeling to get the right proportion, there is going to have to be a fourth section.  Still, the blanket looks very happy and so am I.  I hope Emmett will love it too.

No comments: