Tuesday 18 July 2023

Knitting on a Monday

Its chilly this morning and raining very steadily. There has been good rainfall and that makes me happy.  We have had decent moisture for crops but it was time to rain again.

I spent the day puttering yesterday.  I did work on the River Blue Elton cardigan.  It is more of a summer cardigan and I could really use the light airiness of it. Plus, there is no room for it in the WIPs bin.  Time to finish some things.

I decided to make folded hems on this sweater.  It will help to stop the bottom rib from flipping.  It means going back and knitting the bottom ribbing more and means there will be much more ribbing to knit on the neck and on the button band.



It was time to try the technique on a sweater anyway.  I have done it once before on a capelet I knit many years ago out of some lovely blue Alpaca Peru, a now discontinued Diamond Yarn.  Oddly enough, I am using that selfsame yarn for my version of Joji Locatelli's Newspaper sweater. Perhaps that is what made me think of using a folded hem on this sweater.  

I am not anticipating much knitting or crochet today.  With the chill, it seems like a good day to bake and we are out of bread.  Fresh bread may mean it is a good day for a good hot thick stew or soup too. 

No comments: