Monday 17 July 2023

Again with the fuzzy yarn.

Wow.  Cassie and I went shopping on Wednesday last week and we had a lot of fun.  This was my fuzzy yarn haul


And this was Cassie's.


She wanted to crochet a blanket for herself and did not realize that it would take so long.  Still, she did a good job and took her blanket to  about 8 inches.  She did ask me if I would help her a bit so I will.

But first, I must work up all my fuzzy yarn.  This blanket will nominally be for Emmett.



The stripes will go up and down in the finished blanket but only because my initial coast on was too long for a nice five year old boy blanket.


I absolutely love these colours.  They make me so happy.  But the yarn is thick and there is only so much I can do in a day.  It has taken 4 to five days for the first two and I think it will take a bit more for this one, simply because it will be larger.

And then Isaac said he wouldn't mind one and Carter would like one too.

And that was that. I had a wonderful time with just Cassie.  And just a wonderful a time with Carter and before him, Marcus.  I have never had just one on one time.  There has always been a couple at a time and this was just really special.  But Grandma needs a bit of a rest now.  Not really a rest, but the quiet will be nice.

No comments: