Monday 24 July 2023

Onward Big Blankets, Ho

I gave my hands a break on Sunday again.  I overdid it one day with the heavy yarn so the break was needed lest I slide into that long process of healing again.  Still there was some progress on Saturday and it won't be too many more rows till Carter's bright blanket is at it's widest and the stitch count can be static for a while.


Already this morning, I finished the orange and began another section of the bright yellow/lime green garter stitch.  I will do another section of the blue and that ought to take me to the width I want.  That bright orange part will repeat and back to the blue before finishing off with a final bright green part.  I hope. That is the plan but you all know how that goes.

Picking this blanket up again this morning, I have to say, I just am really enjoying this yarn.  I love its soft nature just the same way I loved my mother in laws soft grey minky pillows back before we called that delicious soft stuff minky.   I just hope the boys love them as much as I have enjoyed making them.  It's a huge delight to be doing these because these boys so seldom ask for things.  Marcus and Cassie do all the time, but these guys are not sweater people.  It makes me happy to make something for them for a change.

I picked out my River Elton sweater to work on and it is going along smoothly. The hem is finished and the second sleeve is well under way.  


Yoou can see the decrease markers on sleeve one.  My usual way of making sure that I get the right stitch count at the end, is to move stitch markers to the new sleeve as I make them.  It means I don't have to worry about it being long enough or matching.  I can easily count rows between markers too.  That is the real benefit.  I do something very similar on cables too.

This sweater is getting perilously close to finishing.  The sleeve won't be more than a day and them a day for the neck and button bands and it is complete.  

The real question is going to be will I break into ball three of the Adam and Eve River colourway?  Bwahahahaha

No comments: