Tuesday 25 July 2023

Old Projects

It was miserable yesterday.  Hot heavy air.  The house stayed reasonably cool, but I still struggled.  I didn't do any big stuff.

I worked on Carter's blanket, but only till my hands said stop.

I pulled out the pretty River Blue Elton and worked on the sleeve for a bit.  

I dug through the WIPs bin for I knew not what.  It was too hot to think.

It seemed like a good day to do some unraveling.  

This pretty green yarn was meant to be a Breezeway Tee by Laura Aylor.  In my first go round, I struggled to find the right size for myself.  It had a lot to do with the building medical issue that I went through in the early winter last year. My counts were wrong, I couldn't see where the incereases were and I just couldn't cope through my fuzzy brain.  

But I wanted this top.  I still do.  The best thing to do was to pull back to almost the beginning or wherever my stitch count was right and restart.

But first to frog. 



It didn't take that long, really, but much longer than usual because it was worked from two different skeins of yarn.  I pulled back to the beginning but for the little garter stitch neck edge.  I did a wee bit of knitting and am back to the start of the short rows.

Today is going to be a clothing repair day.  I have a couple things to repair for Amy's kids, and then later this week will go for a visit with all my little boys and my big guys too to deliver repaired clothes and blankets.  I would love to have Carter's ready too but I don't think I am going to get it done.  

Oh well, that just means another visit for me!

No comments: