Thursday 8 June 2023

Another new summer dress

Here is the blue linen dress.  Very very simple but oh how I love it. 


I was wearing it today till I dripped cherry jam on it.  Honestly, I am such a child when it comes to making messes.  It went straight into the was before the stain could set.  Crossing fingers and hoping for the best.

The next dress was the lovely turquoise embroidered cotton and linen.  


I decided to sew in the facing that the pattern is meant for, for this dress.  The fabric is quite light weight and I think it will help keep its shape on the yoke.


I also was interested to discover if the facing would be quicker to sew than bias tape.  It wasn't.  They take about the same time to do, because the process for putting in a full bodice facing like this means burrito rolling the whole project and that takes up any time saving you may hope for.

I found some almost matching thread in the deep thread stash (Don't worry. This stash is not large. ) which allowed me to hand sew the hem without the worry of the thread peaking through.


And voila.  It looks a bit sack like hanging on this lonely hanger but on me, it looks fine.  


The really fun thing about this unusual blue?  I have a little shawl that is going to look glorious with it.  


 

No comments: