Friday 3 February 2023

There we Have It.

I no longer have a loom.  Well not a big loom anyway.  The loom which I purchased a few years ago, in a flurry of hope and pleasure, is gone to a new home with a lovely lady who will really enjoy using it.  I am not even a bit sad about it.

I still have the two pin looms and they will do just fine to make the things I will actually make with them.  I am already well under way in doing so.  I have made enough blanket squares to know that I like the speed of accomplishment with the little loom and with the two dishcloths now in service, made on the larger pin loom, I have the satisfaction of knowing that this is a thing I really like to use but hate to knit.  The loom is speedier and gets the job done even better than knitting them.

It is a sort of relief to have the space open.  Sort of.  It does mean that I will have less things piled oddly in my room and I can get to the yarn stash much more easily.  Easier access to the stash is always a very good thing.

The biggest plus in all of this is that I met someone new who is just a lovely person.  We had such a good hat about our creative pursuits.  She is a true artist having had a show at the St. Albert art gallery with a very positive public response.  She also quilts and does embroidery as well as weaving all sorts of things.  I am so glad it is going to love the loom as it deserves.  

It was a good day overall.  Just the way the days in February ought to be.  

No comments: