Thursday 2 February 2023

Thread Chicken

There are some things that happen in knitting that I never really thought about as happening anywhere else.  But they do.  


This is sewing's version of yarn chicken.  It's called empty bobbin.  Thankfully this is on the back hem, so I will forget about it when it is in use.  It is an easy fix.

The blouse is a pretty standard version of Waikere, Muna and Broad's easy fit, drop shoulder shirt design.


The only small change I made was to add short sleeves.  The regular option has a really neat sleeve tab but I wanted a more proper sleeve for this shirt.  I took the long sleeve from View B and C and simply shortened it to a length that I liked.  I hope.  I haven't tried it on yet, but it is about double the length of the tab sleeve so I am confident that it is a good length.  

The only thing that is left is buttons and buttonholes.  After putting the sleeves on and sewing up side seams and doing all the hemming, I decided it was enough for one day.  Buttonholes are something that I always like to do when I am fresh and ready to go. It is far too easy to space them out wrong when you are tired.  Now, if I had one of those nifty button hole things...

Why don't I have one of those nifty button hole things?  


No comments: