Tuesday 18 January 2022

Doing Much Better Now

Yesterday made me happy.  As I said in my previous post, I did not have to reknit the sleeves so finishing sleeves was the order of the day.



I decided to do the cuffs with the striping in them.  The bottoms and the top of the sweater only will be outside of the stripe mandate.  It came down to there being a lot of the striping left after finishing the sleeves but for the cuffs.  I could have easily done long sleeves with the yarn I had, but long sleeves are not what I wanted for a comfy cozy who knows what I will get up to sweater.  I am past the stage where I like to push up sleeves and think that is cool to do it every ten seconds.  Three quarters is a much more practical length for me.


I have taken the last healthy third of a ball of the striped and am using it at the bottom.  I have similar amount of the blue left from the sleeves as well, so those yarns are being worked now, and then there is one lone skein of the Stellars Jay colour to use at the bottom of the sweater to balance the luscious collar.

If I work hard all day today and put in another good day tomorrow, this marvelous beastie of a sweater ought to be done.  I am missing it already.

Or I would, if I wasn't wearing it instead.  Onward we go.





In spain

No comments: