Wednesday 19 January 2022

Moving Right Along

Mid afternoon, I put down the needles to check and see just how much of the multi Aulavik colour yarn I had left.  Most amazing.  I could make one more stripe but that was it.  And so I did.  I measured the sweater as well.  Perfect.  

I decided to go ahead and start the ribbing immediately.  As I knit, it came to me that if I bowed to having one short seam, I could speed up my knitting a lot.  



See that tiny v shape?  I changed to essentially flat knitting.  It worked out just right.  I had one extra stitch for a selvage stitch at the end so sewing the seam will be completely invisible.  

Why faster? Because in my yarn scooping, wrapping my purls the wrong way style of continental knitting this is faster.  It means that one quick scoop on the front and the purl is done, versus in the round, where the scoop has to happen from the back of the purled stitch.  It isn't a huge amount of time until you look at time over the whole of the ribbing.  It will save at least a half an hour on this fairly long ribbing.  Long for my usual ribbing for sure.

I also am redoing the seat of my rolling chair.  Keep your fingers crossed for me that this goes well.  

I will finish today, one way or another and that feels really good.  Second Christmas is coming this weekend and I will have new clothes to wear!

No comments: