Monday 17 January 2022

A Time of Devastation and what happened next.

Yesterday afternoon, just for the heck of it, I threw the sweater on.  I wanted to see if the sleeves were a length I could live and work with.  

And I was devastated.  The armscye on both sides seemed to bind and pull.  Here I was, almost finished sleeve two and planning out what to do about using up as much of the yarn as possible and this. 

I put the sweater down and just stopped knitting altogether.  It took a few hours but I finally reasoned out that number one, there was no sign of binding armholes when I tried it on the first time and none the second.  Number two, I was in my pjs as I often am Sunday.  Number three, if I had to do it, well, it was going to be done but there would be at least one more try on when I was dressed properly. Number four, I wasn't touching it till Monday morning.

And...
 


 No binding.  I made Keith take a photo so I could see if it looked right and it's fine.

I am breathing easier now.  Later today, I will finish sleeve two.  There is just a few rows and then the nice long cuff and then a wee bit of pulling back the plain blue, to use up the rest of this ball of the Aulavik colourway and then on to the last ball of solid blue.  

I want every bit of yarn to be used.  Every lovely gorgeous warm cozy bit.  

No comments: