Thursday 16 December 2021

The Day the Monkeys Were Done.

As you saw, my monkey are complete.  It took a mere half an hour to do and I am pretty pleased.  I could have done a few things different, but I didn't so there it is.  They are ready for gifting.


I gave myself the rest of the morning to work on my sweater.  I added a few short rows at the back below the yoke and then just knit.  This sweater is interesting because now that this lovely yoke is done, it turns into a raglan for the rest of the increases you may need.  After a complex yoke that may be a little difficult to customise for size, you now can do what you need.  

And then it was time to go out and get some groceries and pick up the mail and some orders and to get Keith's bandages looked at.  I think he was worried about driving but also about the bandages.  He told me he wanted me along for moral support and in case he couldn't do something.   He did fine.  

I had the very last of the very last things in the mail, all of it my wee Christmas presents.  I was so excited.  On of the things I have thought about for years was about electrifying my dollhouse cabinet.  It came down to it that I really did not want to make the cabinet harder to use for other things down the road.  Thankfully, today, you don't have to.  The range of battttery operated LED lights is fantastic.  As you can see, I now have at least one wee light for each of my rooms.  The living room will have the very fancy chandelier, the bedroom the one that is lit in the photo, and the kitchen the simple globe.  They are all upside down as shown here but they are adorable. 



There. is a dresser for the bedroom, the last room that needs furnishing in the house, and a really well made little wooden chest for at the foot of the bed.  I will make the bed out of some wire to look like the old metal bedsteads that were around when I was young.  Nothing fancy.  


The bedroom is also where the lady of the house has her sewing machine too.

I did get myself one other special treat for Christmas but I am saving those for watching between Christmas and New Years.  Those will go under my tree.

I did order something really special for my birthday too.  I ordered a sweaters worth of Fleece Artist  Thicket.  It is a beautiful yarn and I have thought about getting some for hats just to say I worked with it.  Midknit Cravings was also in contention.  Then I saw the fund raiser. Hats can wait.  They are sending five dollars of every skein of Vine or Thicket sold before December 26 to BC Flood relief and that, to me is very worth it.  If I was ever going to have a sweater of Fleece Artist yarn, this was the time.  Seriously.  Consider a getting yourself a glorious bit of yarn and give a helping hand to the many many people who need it.

No comments: