Wednesday 15 December 2021

Blind Monkeys

The needles did not make it.  



These trusty tools just couldn't quite survive the great stresses they were under.  They did a hero's job and now it is time to lay them to rest.  No problem.  I have plenty of others.

As I thought, there is a good bit of yarn left over.  2 full balls, 2 partials, and a small ball.  The red is used very little and I do mean very little for the way I made the monkeys so plenty of that left and I have a small ball of the first of the cream balls and really only used the second ball for tail tips and the bit around the mouth.  I suspect a pair of socks in my future.  I think I will make them double thicksince I have lots of yarn and I am really enjoying socks knit with heavier yarn.  My floor by the big window is chilly.  


And here is my troop of mostly finished monkeys.  


They just need the eyes embroidered on and they are done.  That will take very little time really.  My troop of monkey is almost complete.

And then on to knitting for me.  I have sweaters to make...I have shawls to knit...I have these delicious yarns....

Updated:  Not blind anymore.  It took less than half an hour and the really simple knots worked perfectly!  

And done!

No comments: