Monday 20 December 2021

Of socks and more socks.

I knit on sweaters over the weekend.  I was at the part where it was time to separate arms from body and there just were not enough stitches and no matter what I did, I was going to have to go back and add.  The amazing part of things is that I did.  And I knit again to the arms.  And that was enough of that.

I had a hankering to knit socks.  I knew that I had some pretty ones on the go and I knew one particular pair needed attention to get the pattern going correctly.  So after dinner yesterday, I worked on these. I love this yarn.  It is the bounciest softest thing and it really is lovely for socks.


The Gridiron pattern from River City Yarns is a particular favourite for this yarn too.  It's two skeins, one of the multi colour green Touchdown in the Saskatchewan colourway and the Hat Trick semi solid  Hooking.  Toes, heels and cuffs will be in the semi solid and all of the rest of the sock will be the magic of the Gridiron pattern in their yarn.

I went through the other sock bags too.  These are probably the closest to complete. I have to look for the band for this.  I cannot recall what it is.


But these are so much more fun using two colours from my bag of ends.


And this lovely Opal colour bought one dark winter a few years ago at Jos in Stony Plain.  I am using a pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush, though I can't seem to figure out the patterns name.  maybe tomorrow.


Tonite it is back to the Gridiron pair.  For now it is enough.

No comments: