Wednesday 8 December 2021

A start

It's not a great photo, but this was my work yesterday.  


It doesn't look like a lot but it was.  

There was a layer of cleaning.  Maybe tidying is a better word.  There were things filling the cupboard corner all the way to the end of the wall.  It wasn't messy just piled.  It is just too easy to set stuff there to put away later, be it downstairs or in my space.  Part of setting up the tree was dealing with later and dealing with it properly.

This tree usually gets all my red and white decorations but this year, it has all of Keith's ornaments on it.  As they grew, my grandmother, while she was still alive gave the boys each ornaments, and my mom did the same and so did I.  Plus there are a few interesting things from school and things they made.  It's a kind of sweet trip down memory lane, even for Keith who doesn't  want Christmas in his living space at all.  

My tree of collected ornaments goes up today.  It's  a larger tree but not a huge.  It sized for small space living but remains full size.  And then, the rest of it.  

When I lived in my wee house, I down sized my Christmas decorations.  I don't have the miles of garland anymore and I don't  have stuff for each door.  There is a bit though and that, plus a few special things will go out in a bit of a new space this year. I moved a Kallax book case into the hall and it is a perfect spot for Auntie Lorraine's beaded tree, a music box, and some funky Santa's.  

So much to do.  So many Monkey's too stuff.  Eeeeeeeep.  I will get there.  Magically.  It will happen and it will be fine.



No comments: