Monday 6 December 2021

Stuff and nonsense.

No knitting today.  It was a day filled with household and errands and getting out the Christmas stuff.  It sounds as if my wee people and their moms and dads are coming for Christmas.  Grandma is going to have to do a tiny bit better than she did last year with respect to decorating. 

I did get all the monkey bodies completed and the first body is ready for stuffing.  I did not want to pull out the stuffing till I have the tree boxes put away and all that stuff up.  In lieu of knitting monkeys, I am knitting the little backpacks where in they will carry something special for my kids.  Did I say knit?  I am crocheting them actually.  It is quicker and sock yarns are a great weight for it.  Nothing fancy to be sure.  It's just a little messenger style bag with a nice flap and straps to turn it into a nice backpack.  

So not a lot of knitting content today, and most likely, not tomorrow either.  But Christmas is happening here and that is enough to be doing.  

Next week is baking week and the week following...  Well, it is getting everything else ready so that on the day, brunch can happen magically or with Keith's help.  Either way it is good.  

No comments: