Tuesday 19 October 2021

A pair

Sp today, after putting the sewing room/guest room to rights, I sat down and just knit.  I knit with a clear conscience that there was nothing more urgent that I needed to do.

I knit till I was past the first set of instructions, and am now just about finished those and am very close to section three.  I think I am supposed to join in the round here but I am not 100 percent certain.  There isn't really any place where it say join in the round.  Or maybe I read over it and missed it.  It does refer to knitting the half brioche stitch for knitting in the round so it must be joined.  Section three is really short, 7 rows if I recall, and then there is one last gasp before dropping all the sleeve stitches and knitting the body of the sweater.   


It's a good thing that I am close to dropping the sleeve stitches.  I am not entirely sure how many more stitches can fit on this needle.  It is on the longest cable that was free from my addi set, so I have two choices, live with it or go looking through all the other things for a longer cable.  It isn't many rows but it is a fair number of additional stitches in these next rows.

But the knitting is good and it feels like it going fast..  I told her I would rather have some smiley faces but

When Cassie was here on the weekend, I asked her to model my giant shawl for me. She wanted to know if she could make faces 




I wasn't fast enough with the camera.  Oh well.  My beautiful shawl, which even Carter really liked. He is a guy who knows his special blankets and he understood immediately how I feel about this one.  Blankets, shawls, he got it and so did I.  

No comments: