Tuesday 17 August 2021

I Dunno

This morning, I dunno.  I really don't.  I don't feel like knitting on the pretty softness of Olga's cowl, though it can use the time.  I really don't feel like working on finishing the Threipmuir.  I'm not sure it is where I want it to be and it needs more thinking before I know for sure.

What I really want is to start 18 new things, and get them all done today.  The done part isn't actually that important.  It really is just that I want to be working on something, anything new and fresh and sweet.  

I have the yarns all pulled and prepped to knit the Agate Cove pullover with it's pretty colourwork but there are so many other things I want to knit now.  

I could start Cassie's purple sweater, a reknit of one she had when she was tiny.



Everything is there and waiting.  

I could start Olga's sweater from yarn purchased some eight years ago, a stress buy when the world was falling apart, but a purchase I have never not for an instant, ever regretted.  


Oh Madtosh, how I love you and dream of working with you.

I could start the sweater/top I saw in this pile of yarns.  The idea runs strong plus no pattern so it would be fun to trust the gauge, the tape measure and understanding of what needs to come next (not so certain a thing as I would wish) is really all I'd need.


I could start a something from this pretty red wool, 



or this delicate laceweight



I could go on and on and that is before I even glance at the closet and the boxes of yarn there.  Glancing at the yarn in the closet is imminent.  Time for a big dig as soon as school is back in.

Time to get the need to start something new out of my system before I dig.  If I go in there wanting something but not knowing what, is far too dangerous a thing to bear.  Also my display cabinet out here is not big enough for more yarn yet and I hate the idea of putting any of it away.   

I need to be strong.  Start only one thing new, work out this urge, put the project in a WIP bin and move on.  That is what I need to do.  

But I dunno.  Maybe I need more? 

I could start another embroidery...


No comments: