Monday 16 August 2021

A Zig Zag

I zig zagged and I am pretty thrilled with it.

I originally bought this Bird of Paradise colurway of RCY's Adam & Eve and a dyed to match mohair that I really wanted for another project I plan to knit, in the matching colourway from Handmaiden,  to make a Love Note sweater, but shortly after I got the yarn, my daughter in law asked me to make her a cowl.  She wanted something she could wear while she drives to work or shopping but that would be fuss free to take off and to wear as she was in stores.  The obvious thing to me was this yarn.  Everything about it is her.  The bright clear, strong colours suit her completely and she approved.
  
And after some consultation, I am making a simple huge tube, longer than my own, because I have the yarn.  




It is just a marvelous mash of pinks and golds and blues and greens and having the mohair carried with it, it blends and smoothes and softens without muting or softening.  It just becomes a more cohesive gorgeous colour than alone. It is really gorgeous.  

To say nothing of the yarn.  I love my rustics for myself.  I love the feel of them and the warmth and the way they look.  They suit me.  But I love this fine stuff too.  

I love it all and that is a wonderful thing.


No comments: