Thursday 11 March 2021

That was quick

I got up this morning and dressed for some serious work.  I have stuff that needs doing.  I have a grandchild who will be born soon and I have been tasked with going into their bubble to keep the small ones busy and the big ones tending to school while momma gets some rest.  My own personal bubble is really small.  My day to day contact is my landlord and even that is limited to coffee in the morning and a few minutes around supper time.  It is also really easy to track where I have been.  No where.  It is ten days since anyone else came into the house and then it was masked contact only.  It was Marcus and his dad, though which was incredibly nice and both of their contacts are very easy to track.  Only momma's are a bit more challenging, but even there, they are checked routinely.  It was a very unusual circumstance that caused the visit and it won't be happening again anytime soon, so basically, I am my own bubble.   

BUT, Grandma needs pants.  So sewing needs to happen.  I think that is going to be the focus of my whole next week, including the weekend.  

There was news this morning that my age group could now book for the Astra Zeneca vaccine if we so desired.  This is something I thought about for a while and it just seems to me that my risk is low, living in small town Alberta as I do.  I double checked on CBC news Covid page,which has links to all the relevant pages on vaccines for AHS (Alberta Health Services).  It explains clearly what and where and when to do based on age and vaccine choice.  Very well done.  So that is what I have been up to this morning.  

I get my first shot tomorrow morning 10 minutes down the road from me.  This is utterly perfect because tomorrow is also my Carter's birthday and his birthday last year was the last day of normal.  That Thursday afternoon last year, formal announcements were made about initial shutdowns here in Canada and by Monday, schools were closed along with everything else.  To get my vaccine on the anniversay is just absolutely right.  

So my coffee is gone and it is time I got to that sewing.  Babies come when they want to, without consideration for grandmother's and their pants.  Time to sew. 



No comments: