Friday 12 February 2021

After All These Years

That went well.  It took all morning to get the last stuff sorted and to pull the stuff I wanted out.  I had to divide and conquer just a bit differently than I was thinking before.  

I sorted out a few things that I would like to knit that need winding before they go in the inspiration display case.  It startd with some Briggs and Littld Regal.  6 skeins is a very full bag.


Six skeins in the wound balls is only half of this space.  I just kept tossing stuff in there.  There is some laceweight for a sweater, some funky purple for Cassie, and my finally put together BFL 2/8 for a Tempest cardigan, I hope.  All fill a tub of stuff just needing winding.

And I did find some yarns for Starting Point.  This is one possible set up.  



The yarns are Malabrigo Mechita in two colours, Teal Feather and Arequita, some Misti Alpaca Baby Suri Alpaca Silk in a marvelous green, some Colinette Jitterbug in Bluberry, and some RCY Adam & Eve in their rich Galilea colourway.  All gloriously rich colours.  

There is just a hint of purple in the blue parts of the Adam and Eve in the Galilea colourway and it is a bit stronger in the Malabrigo Mechita in Arequita.  But it doesn't make my heart sing as much as I thought it would.  


This is the other choice and my personal favorite.  



All the same yarns but the purple is replaced with some more Baby Suri Alpaca Silk in the richest warmest matine blue you could imagine.  It looks too close to work in this photo but in real life, it is as if the two marine teal blues were brothers separated only by time and place.  They are the perfect gradient blues for this and both of these blues are in the multi colours.  

The really interesting part is these are not the yarns I thought I would come out of the dig with.  I didn't even make it down to that level of yarn yummy-ness.  These glorious colours were just at the top of the pile.  

While I love these colours, completely and utterly, I am going back in there right now to see what else I can find.  There are so many designs where multi colours can be used to make such gorgeous things. 

I may be spending the whole day dreaming.  Many of the things I pull for specific projects today may never be knit and that is okay.  A yarn collection, separate and independent from its function as a yarn stash, should be played with and dreamed over and enjoyed and fondled.  That is its job.   And to inspire me to still love knitting even after all these years.  

No comments: