Thursday 5 November 2020

Quickly

This needs to be quick.  I wanted to post before the day gets away on me but I am in the middle of a thing.

First, I found a set of needles!  I have had these since I started knitting and I am not sure I ever used them. They are the old finish Addi Lace Tips where the finish went odd and felt sticky.  I polished them up and they are working just fine.  And yes, I could knit much longer without stressing my hands.


I have also started using a stitch marker to show me my progress. 


The rows can feel so long sometimes, and it is nice to be able to pause and see just how much you have done.  It is almost always more than I expect.

And then the blankie. I moved on to the main body.


The first one I made was charcoal and I am still waiting for some of that colour to show up.  I live in hope, but till then, I am working on this blue one.  At first I wasn't sure I liked it.  I wondered if the red ought to have been a stripe of solid blue, but no.  That would be wrong.  And not at all peppy, which is part of what I like about this thing.  The blue is already growing on me and in the end, I know it will be just as right as the first one was.  

Knit ribbing till you are tired is never going to mean the same thing again.

No comments: