Friday 6 November 2020

Crossing my fingers and toes

It is starting to look like a real sweater.


Like a really nice sweater if I do say so myself.  I am also wondering (see me crossing my fingers and toes and even my eyes occasionally, though that doesn't seem to help the knitting) if I have dropped the front neckline enough.

This sweater is made close to the same as I made my Playing Turtle sweater .  Both are saddle shoulder contiguous (SusieM, I love you) with a high close collar kind of mock turleneck in style.  Without the problem this time, I hope.

Playing Turtle is a good sweater and it gets a ton of wear but the biggest flaw was that I ought to have done more short rows to make the back of the neckline higher and done them more to the front of the neck to give it better shaping.  It is a little high and while that isn't a discomfort in that soft yarn, it just isn't right.  

This time, I did more short rows, but I am just not sure if I did enough to get it right.  Crossing my fingers and toes. 

No comments: