Friday 27 November 2020

Easy Knitting?

Yesterday was mail day and what a great day it was.  My regular beater for my loom arrived.

I ordered it for the race it now has which I hope will make me use my loom just a tad more. This plus moving the loom to a more freequently viewed location  will, I hope make the fabric I am looking for happen.



It feels like I have hardly knit anything this week.  I have been babying my hand so I don't hurt it again.  My fingers were taped together again.  My ring finger gets taped to my middle finger, which aches, and somehow magically it doesn't hurt!  And it doesn't feel any worse at the end of the day.  Weird but I am sure that holding it different when taped has a lot to do with it.  It also means that I knit slower and that probably plays a part too.  But knitting more slowly is not what I hoped for.  

I want this blanket to get done fast so I can go on to knit blankie number two.  I really would like both to be done for Christmas.  In my head, I gave it 4 weeks to be finished, but it is already 4 weeks and there is a lot to go. 

Still, it is a blanket and it feels like it is growing substantially.  I've been sitting it on one of my footstool-ish  WIP bins when I work on it.  It is past the point where I can keep it on my lap, or tuck it between my leg and the sofa so it will sit nicely while I work across the rows.  It isn't huge yet, but it is ungainly.  This morning with my eye opener coffee, I took a good look at it and it seems as if it has grown overnight.  It did not look this long last night when I put it down.  I gave the blanket a measure.  

44 inches.  Somewhere between Wednesday morning and this morning, I knit 7 inches.     I know this because Wednesday's post says it was 37 inches.   The blanket as designed is supposed to be 65 inches long, though I am pretty sure that the first one I made was a bit longer.  I did not record how long and sure wish I had.  I might take a bit of time and go back over the blog posts.  Maybe I talked about how long it was here and just did not record it at Ravelry. 

In any case, if the blanket is now 44 inches long and the end with the solid cream and red section is 10 to 12 inches (I did not measure) that means I don't have all that much of the middle section left.  A couple days of easy knitting and it will be good.  Maybe another week in total?  Probably more.  I guess I will find out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Needles,

Thanks for taking the time and providing the information. I really appreciated the take on the needed requirements. I really like the blanket your doing and this helps a lot with my calculations. I will have to order as I will need way more than I have at present. I will remember the tip about checking the meterage of the yarn in future also.

My hair will still be intact for the Christmas photo thanks to you as "no pulling" will be required during the makeup of this project before or after due to estimation workup stress.

Sorry to hear about your hand. This is starting to become a problem for me at times. I have such a hard time putting the knitting down when it's going well and I am enjoying the knitting time. I can't imagine what all your projects completed list would look like in a photo. You are really a prolific knitter.

Keep warm & safe Needles!!

Fay

Fay