Wednesday 9 September 2020

Should have had coffee

It is well after 9 a.m. and I have not left my bedroom.  So far, no coffee.  I rarely post before coffee, but this seemed like a good idea.  

I am saying good by to my favourite pair of pants today.  Until leggings and pj pants, I needed them  in my wardrobe rotation because I did not have enough pants.




This is the waistband and you can see how it is worn to nothing.  See that cord?  That is coming out of the back of the pants.  This is threadbare.  This is the pair of pants that until a few months ago, I thought just needed a little repair and they would be fine.  I obviously need my head examined.  Or did.  I am much better now.

I looked at them this morning and was going to end this post by cutting them into rags to prove to myself that I really got rid of them, but honestly, these pants are not even fit for the rag bag.  It isn't like the old days where my did did all the farm mechanics in his shop and was always on the lookout for good rags.  Good I say.  I am not sure these would hold up to his standard.  I have household rags from old bath towels and I really don't need more.  

The fabric is thin and I really cannot think of anything I could do with them.  If I was into making rugs, perhaps, but honestly, I am not sure there is enough good stuff in them for that and I do not make rag rugs.

They were my favourite pair of pants for twenty years.  But I won't be missing them. 

The plan is to do some sewing today.  Or at least activities that will lead to sewing.  If I get no farther than putting together a pattern that will be okay.  And knitting continues apace.  Knitting is actually very interesting right now, but I am saving it to show you till tomorrow.  The colour change is too subtle to be caught on camera yet but it is very very good.  

Yeah, I probably ought to have had coffee first.  A more sensible post may have happened if I would have had coffee.  So it goes.


No comments: