Thursday 10 September 2020

Epic

I have been having the most amazing fun the last few days.  You wouldn't know that from yesterday's coffeeless post.  Note to self. Have coffee first.

On holiday Monday, I knit to the max.  I thought about doing some sewing but sewing feels like a responsibility and I had promised myself that Monday was a day to do just what I wanted.  The shawl is not a requirment.  The shawl really is about knitting with the good stuff, and that is really what I wanted.  I knit from 8 a.m. till about 8:30 in the evening with requisite sensible breaks and rests with stretches and excersizes inbetween.  Monday was a glorious kind of day where I learned that I was going to need more yarn.  



That small ball was all that was left after the first full repeat of the lace border.  It would most likely have done one and a half more plain ounds of knitting, but not more than that.  Unless there is the smallest extra yardage in the next two skeins of yarn, the lovely Eesit, when you take into consideration all the stiches being added at the corners, I expect I will be short but only just. 

The colour change is truly lovely.  I took all kinds of shots over the last few days







but it wasn't till this morning that the light was finally right for you to see the beautiful subtelties.  



and depending on your monitor, you may still not be able to see it.  It is just the most subtle bit richer, warmer, almost greyer than the mooskit.  

This morning's first task is to order another ball of the three darkest cokours.  By the time I make it to those colours, there will be significant shortages with the two balls i have on hand.  It is also very possible that another ball of the Eesit that I am now working with will arrive.  I haven't quite decided if I should chance it or just do the full measure of justice to the shawl.  No.  It will be full meausre of justice.  At this point, it would be a disservice to my knitting life to not do it right. One more Eesit as well.

I really did not want to do it but now that I am on this course and have this design well under way...

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

It is looking lovely.