Friday 4 September 2020

Oooooo a BIG Whine

I have to tell you that yesterday's mail was pitiful.  I mean I got the interfacing I was sort of waiting on and I got the ironable hemming ruler I ordered early in summer (well before its possible delivery date of October 8) but the yarn did not arrive.  

I have to admit, my cranky inner child reared her head and I had a bit of a hissy fit.  Big time.  It was a worse disappointment that time the landlord came home with flat bottomed ince cream cones.  **  Much much worse.  Had I actually been five, there might have been foot stamping.  I apologized to him later for my snit.  He does all these errands for me for not much in return.  

But meanwhile, I have to practise adulting and wait.  Waiting might kill me.  

I petted my linen swatch for a Shakerag Top.  I pulled out Amy's sweater and debated knitting on that and getting it done.  I am sitting here looking at the sewing pile and the patterns I printed yesterday that need putting together.  I am thinking about tossing all the sewing aside*** for a bit and digging into the depths of the yarn stash.  What I am not feeling like is adulting.  

What I want, what I really want to be doing is knitting on my shwal.  I want to finish Eesit and move on to Mooskit and I want to see the soft colour change happen in this lace with it's delicate undulation.  I can taste it, I want it so bad.  

The package is at the post office.  They did locate it and it will be picked up this afternoon, so no real problems.  I wouldn't be able to do much knitting today anyway.  There are too many other things that have slipped while I have been adventuring in sewing as an alternate to my knitting.  

Time is a waisting.  Time for work.  Knitting this evening?  Why yes.  I do think so.



**When I was small, my mom seldom let us have pointy cones because we would bite off the bottoms and suck the ice cream out.  The downside is that if the little girls did not go fast enough, they had ice cream dripping from the top and the bottoms.  I get that but I still hate flat bottomed cones.  

*** Putting the sewing aside means I would have to move a substantial amount of stuff first in order to be able to get into the yarn closet.  All the washed fabric is in front of the door as well as the stuff that usually lives under the sewing table.  It's a pile.


8 p.m. update:  Mail was lovely this afternoon.  I knit on happily and I am very sure that I will spend the rest of the weekend doing exactly the same thing.  Sigh.  What a great evening.  I love knitting lace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have similar feelings when a special package I'm waiting for doesn't arrive. You're doing great Needles. Thanks for being real.

Fay