Friday 11 September 2020

A little Different

Today I have something a little different for you.  It was a little different for me too at first.  

A couple months ago, back when I purchased my spanking new carder, I also purchased something else.  They were my gift to me from my taxes.  I talked to you about my carder.  Today I will talk about the other thing.

I am and have always been a rather sedentary person.  After Brian died, along came a complex set of physical complications that can often be part of losing a spouse.  Yes, even your physical self can grieve. This winter, physically and mentally, that grieving process changed somehow.  I don't feel cold from the inside anymore and I feel stronger and am in the headspace where I can start again.

 I have been very active at times in my life though, but I am not into sports or competition at all.  I love walking and bike riding but most of the things I really like to do are pretty sedentary.  Knitting and my obsession with it really don't  help.  But none of that means I don't want to be more active and be stronger.  With the pandemic and even my most basic tasks being done at a distance, I knew I had to do something.

I did purchase a series of seated excersize videos.  I thought that would be a good way to get myself ready for more vigorous weight bearing workouts.  Honestly, they are great but at the time were very much beyond me.  

I looked at ways to be more active in a way that fits with where I am today, that fits with books and movies and reading and knitting.  I often thought about getting some kind of stationary pedal excersizer.  Those useless ads that show up on Facebook?  Well this came across my screen last winter.



It is a Cubii Jr to be precise.  They are a bit pricier than some but they are noiseless and that ranks high with me.  I have used it, in front of company whith our morning coffee.  The way my WIP bins were sitting they could not see my feet.  They had no idea that I was getting my workout but they knew something was happening.  My lap was moving!  And that is the only way they could tell I was doing anything at all.  As advertised it really would work noiselessly in an office situation.  

I can't  explain to you where I was before I got this thing, but it was not a good place.  I started at the lowest of 10 tension settings and have slowly been working up.  I have to be at a certain level before I let my self go forward.  I have just moved to level 5.  I did try level 6 this morning but that wouldn't be wise.  All things come and I can go there in a couple weeks when I am infinitesimally stronger.  

I have a treadmill.  I have had bikes and other workout gear.  I have all the workout videos, but none of those things were a good place to start.  I needed something to get me to them and this has been it.  I am at the point now where the chair workouts are something I could do.  

I have to get some DVDs burned and I am going to try adding some to my mornings.  Halfway to regular.  That is about where I am.

If you or a loved one wants to keep up your strength and heart and lung capacity, do consider Cubii.  It pretty much saved my life.

And no.  No sponsorship, just my honest feelings about a very good tool.




No comments: