Thursday 16 January 2020

Fun

This mornings shawl is 198-yds-of-heaven knit in Mist Alpaca Baby Suri Alpaca and Silk, one of the most delectable yarns on earth.  


I wore this to my oldest sons wedding in Kiev, 10 years ago this past Christmas.  It remains one of my favourite things.

I did knit on the blanket yesterday but not for long.  Apparently, knitting for hours on a giant thing means that your wrists get tired. I opted to stop rather than hurting myself and picked something lighter to work on.  


I talked about this project a couple weeks ago.  It is my very large twisted stitch sampler shawl that I am turning into a vest.  I looked at every picture for every project similar to this out there and I am winging it.  This centre back portion is section one.  I picked up stitches along the centre third of the edge stitches and will knit down for a bit.  I don't know how long.  Winging it.  By the end of today I hope to have enough length to be able to put it on a string and pin it together and see what I have got here. 

This is the quick way to a garment.  The not knowing is part of the fun.

No comments: