Tuesday 14 January 2020

Brrrrrrrr

It is bitterly cold here.  -38C when I woke and just a bit colder now as dawn approaches.  Very cold.  I am going to start a 'what scarf will I wear  inside the house ' on the blog just for silliness.  

Today's scarf is a lovely Magrathea by Martinz Behm.  


It is knit from a unique skein of Fleece Artists BFL 2/8 that was hand picked from the bin of seconds by Frazzeledknitter on one of her family's forays to Halifax.  It is so stunningly soft to wear close.

I did finish the mittens yesterday



They fit him perfectly.  I did make one small change and that was to knit 6 rows between the cuff and the start of the thumb gusset.

My hands were more or less done knitting for the day, but I was sitting feeling just a bit antsy.  I cleaned out my little bin of dishcloth cottons and found some remnants of Mission Falls 1824 wool.  There really wasn't much left, but I cast on and made a cute little set of wrist bands.


I have been thinking about making some since before Christmas. I find wristwarmers that go up on to the hand difficult to knit with but the benefit to my hands with them is significant.  The idea comes from Latvian beaded wristwarmers, though these are significantly simpler.  They do the job and I can still knit and do regular household tasks and that is the goal.


No comments: