Wednesday 4 December 2019

Rambling on.

After sleeping in past 8 yesterday, and heading out to spin, I returned home and did not do one single bit of knitting.  And what is even weirder, I didn't even feel like it. 

But it was in my mind.  I pulled this out just for the contrast this morning. 


There are plenty of things going on around here and it occurred to me, that a lot of the tings being knit on recently, are blue.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  I love blue.  I suspect that I may be on a bit of a blue kick, as I was on a red kick for a while. 

What has really been on my mind that last while, is what else there is to knit.  I am almost full up with sweaters, though, really, you can never have too many sweaters.  In other words, my sweater chest is getting full and I am so NOT ready to stop knitting.  But there are so many other things I want to knit.  I try to keep that in mind even though I love knitting clothing.

I did start that lovely Icelandic shawl, but I made an error on the center lace, and I haven't touched it in months.  I have other shawls and lace things I want to knit too but I haven't made myself get there. There is a tiny garden that I want to knit for my miniature house and a tiny rug to weave and another to braid.  And that book of farms and then there is...

I could go on. I am starting to think about what to knit for the new year.   I don't seem to do resolutions and I find setting goals can be self defeating as often as they motivate me, so I don't want to set a goal, but I do think that the next thing I do should be something different, something I have never done before.  I just have to define what different means to me.


No comments: