Thursday 5 December 2019

Rounding up and knitting on.

Last winter, I purchased a pair of Addi Flexi Flips, knit with them and then set them aside.  I did not enjoy knitting with them.  I forgot about them.

I came across them when I was looking for some double points in the vase of dpns.  I wondered if I had given them short shrift.  So, I pulled out a skein of sock yarn and got to work.  



Yeah.  I was right.  I am not a fan.  It isn't the needle but my knitting style.  My hands rely on a  longer, firm needle to help push through the stitches.  (Sort of)  The flexi part of the needle is right where I need firmness.  I occasionally have the same issue with my Addi Short Lace tip set.  That lack of support leads my hands to cramping and a grip of death on the needles.  

What I do love about these needles is the tips. One side is the regular turbo tip, round and smooth.  The other is their rocket tip, which is longer and pointer.  I love that I can choose.

I use my set of the Flexi Flip Stix which have this same pairing of tips, all the time.  


My only issue is the one needle is bent.  Not a maker flaw, but extreme pressure while knitting a heel.

I don't like that I can't find a level of comfort with the Flexi Flips.  I won the battle with my Addi Short Lace Tip set and can now knit comfortably.  I figure if I persevere with these, perhaps I will get there too.  I am going to stick with these and we'll see.  I may adapt.

And just because you have seen all the other ongoing socks, I'll show you this pair too.


That is all my socks on the needles.  It was a good time to round them up anyway as we approach the years end.

No comments: