Thursday 14 November 2019

Thursday morning, the 6th day of this sweater event brings me to this.


I think I can get one more full repeat from this final bit of yarn, but only a partial repeat of a second.  So this is where I have to go back to the pattern and see how Ysolda wrote the bottom bind off. 

I had hoped to be showing you sleeves today but it took forever to get the shopping done yesterday.  I put my winter tires on the car, but then, in order to have room for groceries, I had to drive home and dump the summer tires into storage, and the go back to Vegreville to get groceries.  Plus shopping with kids took longer.  It just did.  

So knitting was the last thing I had time for.  Today, I am going to hold out for getting the bottom done and if I am lucky, starting one of the sleeves.  

I have left myself one ball of each of my 3 shades for sleeves, and I think, I will split the balls before I start to knit.  I am certain I have enough, but I want to be sure.  Till I start it remains in the realm of 'I think'.  There isn't  any security in 'I think'.  It feels like there is going to be better security in being forced to switch when I have to because the yarn is used up.  

I doubt that this will make it in 7 days.  Having the kids here changed that vague idea.  But 10 days on an F1 weekend?  Totally do-able.

No comments: