Friday 22 November 2019

The elephant in the room.


It took all day, but by the end of yesterday, I was over the grumps.  I hate spending time feeling like that. Grumpy, cranky leads me where I do not want to live.  If you allow it, it can eat up all the good things in life and all you are left with is dark corners and the shapeless wasted spaces.  

My childhood fear of the dark has taught me nothing if it did not teach me to always look for the light. Even in the darkest corners, there is some light.  Even if the only light in the corner is the scent of your coffee, it can be enough to tip your day to something better.  If you let it.  
And for me, part of the way past cranky is to figure out just why I was feeling cranky.  I was correct.  Gratification Glut was a problem but there was more.  

I did knit on my green sweater for a bit.  I did 4 rows to take it to the next increase and congratulated myself and moved to my pretty blue sweater where I knit contentedly for the rest of the day.  



I felt it was ready for the sleeves to be separated but I wanted to be sure.  This morning I put everything on wool strings and I gave it a good try on.  I usually wait to try on till I've knit an inch or so below the armpit but I had to know.  All is good.  With that out of my head, I looked up and it caught my eye across the room. 

This seems to be the elephant in the room.


The blanket.  I had to set it aside when the kids came and I haven't really thought about it since.  It has just been sitting there, minus all the batts and minus the very large container the batts were in.  

I set myself the goal of getting it done before the end of the month and that certainly still is doable.  There is some toy putting and a good sweep that must be done before I begin, so that will be the housework du jour.  

No comments: