Thursday 21 November 2019

Cranky

I'm cranky this morning.  It started when I woke to an old alarm.  At 5:30 a.m.  It is one thing to wake at 5:30 naturally or when there is some reason I needed to wake at that time and quite another when I don't need to wake early at all.  I couldn't get back to sleep, so I watched a program and then got up.  Cranky.

I asked Keith to make coffee because there has been weird stuff going on with the coffee pot.  I think it hates me.  He sorted it out and made a perfectly fine pot of coffee.  At least I have that.  Cranky.

I picked up a sweater to work on and found that made me feel guilty.  



I know that I need my green coat 


and I know I ought to be working at it, but I seem to be picking up the pretty thing instead.  Knitting should not be something I feel guilty about no matter what I an knitting.  

Cranky.

I think it is a end of big project issue more than anything.  Doubly or perhaps even triply so.  I finished dad's vest (he loves it) and the Hun sweater in October and then this speedy gradient of blues and never really addressed the end of a big project lull on any of them.  

Each were so fulfilling in their own ways, each a boost to my spirit in a dozen ways.  Gratification abounded and now that they are done and every WIP I have needs lots of work, I face a gratification deficit.  Maybe I should knife some mitts.  Or socks but the thought of those makes me cranky.

I obviously need an attitude adjustment.  Or more coffee.

No comments: