Monday 25 November 2019

Delicious knitting

I did think I would do a bit of tying of the quilt on the weekend, but my weekend did not quite go like that.  My company, which was expected next weekend, came this weekend.  They may also come next weekend.  Knitting works better with company so I knit. 

It's  very good for the sweater though and less good for the quilt.


I just made the first of the second significant design feature on this sweater, the garter stitch rows.  

Without giving away the design mojo, these rows are repeated as the body of the sweater grows and the result is stripes of garter stitch texture. 

You know how it is when stripes happen.  Knitting feels fast.  It is more than my usual number of rows between these garter stitch rows but not so much that it will be hard to count or feel different than stripes do.  I'm looking forward to this just to see if these garter stripe rows work their magic and make it feel as if you are not hardly knitting at all.  

I've done a vest for a small man, a banded pattern striped lopi sweater and a gentle repetitive lace in a very short time.  Is this sweater going to feel just as fast?

No comments: