Wednesday 27 November 2019

Stuff and Knitting

It's one of those days where there are a dozen little things to do and I am actually doing them.  I am repairing snaps, some of which have been waiting for months, and sorting toys and doing laundry and coming up this afternoon, I will be starting to tie the quilt.  

There has been knitting.


The collar looks odd but as a whole, it is starting to look very sweater like.  I've made it down to the third garter row set and yes, it feels fast.  Not quite the perfect stripe sequence but close.  The perfect stripe sequence is seven for me.  When I start looking for a row count, I am invariably at row five or six.  Seven is great for socks, but at sweater scale, seven rows is too little space between the edges.  It would make the sweater feel busy, fussy and not quite right.  

There will be knitting after quilt tying.  It's nice to do some knitting right before bed for a change.  Bed will be early today because tomorrow , I start really, really early so I can get over to play with my sweet kiddies who live a little farther away.  My favourite thing!

No comments: