Thursday 19 September 2019

A found day

I have already had a full day and it is only 8 a.m.  I got up prepared to run my errands and then to babysit this afternoon.  I did a couple loads of laundry before I left my room (the laundry is in my ensuite) and made some coffee and sat down to see what was up with the world today.  But no babysitting. Their daddy has succumbed to back to school flu, which changes everything. Not only did I do laundry already today and make coffee, but I now had to make large decisions. That is a lot before the coffee is done.

I did a fair bit of knitting yesterday on the vest for dad.  It is looking pretty fine, if I do say so myself.  Today I will be starting work on the yoke of the vest, which I expect to go fairly quickly.  The vest fronts with a shallow v neckline and comfortable sized arm openings, mean many fewer stitches.  

I want to knit section one, then the back and then the second front and in order to keep all the decreases the same on all the parts, I am going to have to go find my marker stash.  I have a  little emptied out mint box full of the little bulb markers somewhere, but I am not so sure which where.  Pictures will be much more interesting now.

Which where.  Isn't that the sort of phrasing that teachers would stamp out in an instant if they could?  I've been reading a book on the English language, Our Magnificent Bastard Tongue which delightfully illustrates what we would lose if teachers could stamp it out.  

And then, in honour of today being International Talk Like a Pirate Day, I came across this delightfully piratical offering, the Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue.  Interesting and delightfully rougueish reading.
  
I am off to do some heavy laundry that doesn't fit into my small machines. I shall sit and knit and listen to interesting books.  A found day ought not to be wasted.

No comments: